Mr. Organization. Kind of. Not really.
I’ve spent the entire day cleaning and yet my house is still a mess. How is this possible? Oh that’s right, I have a toddler.
Lately Nathan is experimenting with his new-found skill: organizing. The organization skills of a toddler are questionable, or at the very least, it leaves much to be desired. At first I thought it was cute when he started to put his balls into the pots & pans cabinet. It didn’t bother me at all. Why should it? It’s just a few balls that are easily removed when I need to get a pot out.
Then he decided to expand his skills and chaos broke out. So far I have found:
- A bow from under the tree + 2 spoons + deodorant in his clothes hamper
- Jar from the recycle bin + several shoes (his and mine) in his dirty cloth diaper basket
- Coat hanger + remote in his diaper genie (gross)
- Two toy cars + computer wire in the air vent (he pulled the grate up first)
- Paper towels + sock in the other air vent
- He moved some of his socks and put them in his pants drawer
- Put his sippy cup + pants in his shirt drawer
- Throws half of his toys over the gate and down the stairs to litter the foyer
- More cooking utensils + tupperware lids + snack food in my clean clothes laundry hamper
Needless to say, I am *really* looking forward to the day when I can ask (beg and bribe) him to pick up his own toys. What a fabulous day that will be!